Monday 28 November 2011

Benedict Cumberbatch keen to do a musical

Day & Night

BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH KEEN TO DO A MUSICAL

Story Image

Benedict Cumberbatch even has the ideal show in mind
Saturday November 26,2011

By Lizzie Catt with Lisa Higgins and Jack Teague

HE made a splash playing both Doctor Frankenstein and his monster at the National Theatre in London this year, now Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch says he’s keen to do a musical.
And the 35-year-old even has the ideal show in mind. “I would love to do musicals,” he tells us. “My voice is all right, I’ve got a reasonably good tenor.
“I’d like to revive a musical called City Of Angels that I was so impressed with.
“There’s a great part in it that I’d like to play. I’m not a massive musical theatre-head but my parents took me to see it when I was 21.
“I’ve wanted to be in it ever since.”

No comments:

Post a Comment