Monday 18 June 2012

Benedict Cumberbatch on playing Sherlock

Benedict Cumberbatch: I want 15 years of Sherlock

16/06/2012 - 21:06
Benedict Cumberbatch: I want 15 years of Sherlock
 
Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch has revealed he wants to play the super-sleuth for at least another 15 years - despite now being offered bigger roles on the big screen.

The actor, who revealed in an interview that filming on a third series is set to begin early next year, said that he had no plans to quit the show.

"I'll always do Sherlock - it's something that I'm not going to give up on," he said.

"I love it too much. It's hard work but it's so rewarding and such a lovely bunch of people who do it.

"We love our fans and we love what it's created," he added. "It's an incredible thing to be part of; it doesn't happen that often. Don't worry, it's not going to disappear."

Cumberbatch added that he felt he could play the role for years because the latest incarnation of the character was so much younger than before.

"It's rare to see Holmes and Watson at the beginning of their relationship," he admitted.

"We usually join them in their mid to late 40s or 50s. I've got a way to go, I'm only 35.
source: whatsontv.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment